Logan View High School plans to hold a graduation ceremony for the Class of 2020 on Sunday, August 2nd. The starting time of the ceremony has yet to be determined but the start time will be either 1 PM, 1:30 PM, or 2 PM. The ceremony will take place in either the high school gym or in the high school lecture hall. The location of the ceremony may be dependent upon any crowd size restrictions that may be in place at that time. The start time for the ceremony will be decided in the next few weeks and that time will be communicated as soon as a final decision is made.
It is possible that public health restrictions may be instituted at some point over the next two months that may prevent us from holding a suitable ceremony on August 2nd. If an adequate ceremony is not able to be held on Sunday, August 2nd, the date will not be rescheduled and a virtual ceremony will be conducted instead.
On July 1st, a preliminary update will be provided as to the known status of the planned August 2nd ceremony in light of any public health restrictions that are known to be in place or expected to be in place on August 2nd. A more final update regarding the August 2nd ceremony will be provided on July 15th. It is possible that we’re able to communicate some information with students and parents prior to these dates and we will do so if that is possible. However, official updates will still be provided on these July 1st and July 15th dates.
Our hope is to have a conventional graduation ceremony that is open to the entire community. It is possible, however, that public health restrictions may be in place at that time which might cause us to restrict the number of guests that can physically attend the ceremony. We hope to be able to provide more specific details regarding crowd size, etc. as a part of our July 1st update. We expect to be able to provide students with any rehearsal details, as well as information regarding the distribution of caps and gowns, as a part of our July 1st update.
Here is some information as to why the date of Sunday, August 2nd was chosen.
- We felt it was very important to attempt to have a graduation ceremony in recognition of our graduating seniors.
- A date needed to be selected far enough in advance to give our students, parents, and school officials enough time to plan and prepare for the date.
- We felt it necessary to pick a date that was prior to the start of the 20-21 school year.
- We felt it necessary to avoid a revolving door of dates – postponing, rescheduling, etc.
- We wanted to pick a date that did not interfere with final preparations for the expected start of the 20-21 school year or with post-secondary plans and preparations of our graduates and their families.
- We wanted to pick a date that we felt had a high probability of allowing us to hold a graduation ceremony not knowing what public health restrictions may be instituted over the summer. Not knowing what public health restrictions may or may not be in put into place over the summer months, we felt that an early August date gave us a much higher probability of ultimately having a ceremony compared to a date in either June or July.
If you have any questions, you are encouraged to contact Mrs. Clausen via email – email@example.com.